The Small Task of God
It is a small thing for God to help us in our big things! Wow. Interesting. Have we ever thought of such a thing. I often have thought of God helping me as something where I must plead with Him for a nugget or crumb, hoping that in His infinite grace and power He might bestow a blessed help on me. I have never really thought that perhaps that is the smallest thing He does. Oswald Chambers says as the person of God that, “thou art nothing but a tiny insect at the door of my all-sufficiency. ‘I will help thee.’” Now, while I don’t really like thinking of myself as just an ant in the door of God, I do believe that is true. In comparison to God’s great presence, power and perfection I am just the smallest of insects who slink across the ground. But what makes God amazing is that while we step on ants and shew them away (or burn them with a magnifying glass), God comes way down to our level and helps us, and loves us, and spends time with us. Truly we serve a mysterious God. I often think, why oh why, would God spend any time on me; a dirty, messed up, spec. The answer? You decide.
Labels: God, God's help, love of God
2 Comments:
Wrapping our arms around an infinite God. Looking into the sky on clear night and seeking the outer edges of creation. Now I feel small. But you added God's great presence, power and perfection, this truly makes me insignificant in the realm of things. So why does God spend so much time, energy and sacrifice on me (us)? I look to His word and see, when created we are seen as really good, in comparison to the rest of creation as good. But then we fall from His grace and blessing needing to be reconciled, God sacrifices His son, not ours to bring us back into fellowship with Himself. This I believe is due to He created us perfect for relationship with Him and that is really good.
Hmmm He must really love us or something=)...Funny how we take that forgranted and always mess things up so badly and make things hard for ourselves...eh personnaly I should really work on trusting Him instead of myself...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home